NACF is pleased to announce we are now accepting applications for our spring cycle. We will be awarding a total amount of $4000 among 3-4 organizations. NACF has established a biannual grant cycle.
Granting priorities for this cycle are:
- Environment ($2000)
- Children and Family ($2000)
We generally don’t cover:
- General operating expenses
- General requests
We tend to award:
- Specific requests
- Special projects
- Unique ideas
- Proposals with a clear statement of how the grant will have an impact on their project
Click on links below to download an application:
Questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The deadline for submitting an application is April 12th, 2019.
NACF Fall 2018 Grants
Tracey Nooner presents a grant to Frederic Arts: $750. Establish an arts program for residents of Traditions of Frederic.
Carole Wondra presents a grant to Tom Brock from the Mental Health Task Force of Polk County, $816. Suicide prevention training.
Patti Hurd presents a grant to the Burnett County 4-H, $750. Start an archery shooting sports program for ages 8-19.
*Not Pictured: Burnett Co Workforce Resource, $1,184. Funding to support instructors for culinary academies.
Partnering to Make a Difference:
NACF Spring Grants Presented on June 4, 2018
2018 first cycle grant recipients from the Northwest Alliance Community Foundation are (LtoR) Larry O’Connell for Yellow Lake Food Distribution; Ian Karl, Northwest Passage; Josie Penberthy, Connections Store and More Food Shelf, Webster; Kristina Kelley-Johnson, Grantsburg Public Library; Kris Surbaugh and Lisa Olson, Friends of the Frederic Library; and Patti Hurd, NACF Grants Committee.
NACF Spring 2018 Granting Cycle Grants:
Yellow Lake Food Distribution: Food to distribute to 1,650 people each month: $950
Connections Store and More: Vouchers for holiday hams & turkeys: $750
Grantsburg Public Library: New seating for refurbished children’s space: $600
Friends of the Frederic Library: Bikes, helmets to ride the Gandy Dancer Trail: $700
NACF Environmental Fund Grant:
Northwest Passage: 4 Scholarships to Master Naturalist Training: $1000
NACF Giving Party on December 8th, 2017
Our second round of grants were given out on June 9, 2017:
NACF Environmental Fund Grants:
- Burnett County Family Resource Center, Inc.: $650.00
- Ice Age National Trail: $250.00
- North Country Pedalers: $250.00
- Frederic Arts: $300.00
We’re All in This Together–Let’s Fight Hunger Grants:
- Ruby’s Food Shelf and Garden, Siren: $2220.25
- Grantsburg Area Food Shelf: $2220.25
- Connections Food Shelf and More, Webster: $2220.25
- Family Pathways Food Shelf, Frederic: $2220.25
NACF Spring Granting Cycle:
- Farm, Feral and Stray, Serving Polk and Burnett Counties: $500.00
- Burnett County Family Literacy, Serving Burnett County: $500.00
- Friends of Larsen Family Public Library, Serving Webster: $500.00
- St. Croix Festival Theatre, Serving Polk and Burnett Counties: $500.00
Our first round of grants as a community foundation were given out on December 6, 2016:
- Community Referral Agency – Families: General operating costs/services for domestic violence victims, $500.00
- ICAA- Head Start – Literacy: Purchase new books for their library, $350.00
- Salvation Army – Health: Food for backpacks for families receiving free/reduced lunch, $200.00
- ADRC – Health: Marketing materials for dementia-friendly community summit in 2017, $450.00
Grantwriting Training Materials:
(Click on the Link to Download the Docs)